PDL Student Grant Program
The PDL Student Grant Program is a new initiative to be offered from January 2020. The intention of the program is to provide assistance to selected individual pharmacy students to attend a recognised conference or event and enhance their education and training as a future pharmacist.
Up to three PDL grants will be available nationally each calendar year, at a value of up to $5,000AUD each.
Grants may include:
- Financial assistance to attend a recognised event or conference, including (where relevant):
- Full delegate registration
- Additional requests in application pertaining to event attendance will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Two years of complimentary PDL membership upon commencement of pharmacist registration.
- Mentorship and advice in developing career pathways from PDL’s Professional Officers, Board and Local Advisory Committee members.
- Support from PDL Local Advisory Committees in the relevant state, with the opportunity to participate in meetings if deemed suitable by the state committee.
*Terms and conditions apply to travel and accommodation expenses based on the location of event and location of the applicant, at PDL’s discretion.
Applicants must complete the Student Grant Program Application Form, along with accompanying documents, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date and at least two months prior to the requested event date. Applications will be accepted directly from students and assessed by PDL’s Grant Committee, using the Student Grant Program Assessment Criteria.
Grants will be reviewed in late March each year, with the successful applications valid for two years. Grant applications in 2020 are now open and will close at 5pm Wednesday 11 March, AEST.
The Committee will provide the applicant with their decision via email no more than two weeks after the review of applications. Successful applicants will be notified via phone and email by the PDL Director in their state.